Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving Break

Going home for the Thanksgiving break for me was a week that was well needed.  My Dad who was just being a Dad came over Friday afternoon to come and pick my friend and I up.  He thought that Lookout Pass was going to be horrendous for us to go over alone, but the roads were really ok.  By the time we hit Coeur d'Alene I couldn't hold still I was so excited.  When we got home my family and I had our Thanksgiving dinner that Friday night because my sister and Mom were leaving the next day for a type of school trip and were not going to be coming home till late tonight.  The next day Dad and I dropped them off and the rest of the week was a relaxing and fun.  Sleeping in as much as i could till Dad came in and flipped all the lights on and started throwing my pillows at me (my alarm clock).

Usually our Thanksgiving in Newman Lake is cold and rainy.  We did have the cold part this year, however it was joined by a foot and a half of snow!  I love the snow and I was so ecstatic when it came and so were many of my old friends from high school.  However they thought it would be hilarious and a blast to come up behind me and give me a white wash.  Not the most fun part of the break but it was great to see all of them again...somewhat ha ha.

2 comments:

  1. word. thanksgivings are often stuck in the middle of yucky transitional weather, but not so for us this year! my family in Michigan had sleety rain and ugliness. they were jealous of the pictures I sent them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no ha ha. For me the winter season should always have snow in it. That's to bad that your family was stuck with the sleety rain and ugliness.

    ReplyDelete