Monday, September 13, 2010

Logging 101

I had no idea what I was going to write for my sustainability paper and to make it personal was making it much more harder than it needed to be.  Then I began to think of what in the world my family and I have done in the past that would help write the 3,000 word essay.  After my little panic attack I started to remember when I was younger and on most weekends early in the morning either the whole family or just my sister and I would go out with dad to hunt for firewood.  This then brought me to the idea of writing about back in the day when my dad used to log for a living.  So I have decided to write about my dad and the logging industry in Montana and how it has uses responsible harvesting.

4 comments:

  1. It would be a good idea to touch on the effects logging has on the environment in your paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perhaps explaining how logging can be sustained; how do we avoid over-harvesting? Are there benefits to the environment inherent in logging? I like this idea, it makes me think of a lot of questions

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great things to think about. Thanks guys

    ReplyDelete
  4. good dialogue here, people.

    ReplyDelete